Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Turning unwanted into wanted - closet edition

So, I got this dress from Valley Girl when I was on holiday in Australia about 3 years ago. I think i've never left the house wearing it, not once. I think every girl has those items they make an impulse buy on and think I could SO wear this, and then never do! I have more than one.

I know what you're thinking. not so bad and still a cute dress, yes it is. I mean, I did buy it! My style has changed over the years and i'd say I dress alot more dark & oversized. My boyfriend calls my style "granny" - but what does he know about fashion. pppshhht! I dress evening during the day and black is my go-to colour.



snip snip... I cut off the bottom and the top detailing


 This is the after result, I layered it over a black maxi dress (my staple item) and layered some chains (which seem to be doing their own thing in this pic). The edges are rough still, but I love it! Its nice to have those detailed vests to slip over dresses and tops you wear over and over.



close up shot!



I love it, nice to have another item in my closet that is recycled, instead of just given to charity and then complaining I have nothing to wear. I have more old garments to snip up, check again soon! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment